§646.607. Unlawful business, trade practices.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|§646.607. Unlawful business, trade practices.|
|Official Text||§646.607. Unlawful business, trade practices.|
|State or Province||Oregon|
|Scope of the Law||General Business|
|Taxonomy||Appropriation, Secondary Use|
Text of the law
- 646.607 Unlawful business, trade practices. A person engages in an unlawful trade practice if in the course of the person’s business, vocation or occupation the person:
- (1) Employs any unconscionable tactic in connection with selling, renting or disposing of real estate, goods or services, or collecting or enforcing an obligation.
- (2) Fails to deliver all or any portion of real estate, goods or services as promised, and at a customer’s request, fails to refund money that the customer gave to the person to purchase the undelivered real estate, goods or services and that the person does not retain pursuant to any right, claim or defense the person may assert in good faith. This subsection does not create a warranty obligation and does not apply to a dispute over the quality of real estate, goods or services delivered to a customer.
- (3) Violates ORS 401.965 (2).
- (4) Violates a provision of ORS 646A.725 to 646A.750.
- (5) Violates ORS 646A.530.
- (6) Employs a collection practice that is unlawful under ORS 646.639.
- (7) Is a beneficiary that violates ORS 86.726 (1)(a) or (2), 86.729 (4) or 86.732 (1) or (2).
- (8) Violates ORS 646A.093.
- (9) Violates a provision of ORS 646A.600 to 646A.628.
- (10) Violates ORS 646A.808 (2).
- (11) Violates ORS 336.184.
- (12) Publishes on a website related to the person’s business, or in a consumer agreement related to a consumer transaction, a statement or representation of fact in which the person asserts that the person, in a particular manner or for particular purposes, will use, disclose, collect, maintain, delete or dispose of information that the person requests, requires or receives from a consumer and the person uses, discloses, collects, maintains, deletes or disposes of the information in a manner that is materially inconsistent with the person’s statement or representation. Appropriation, Secondary Use
- (13) Violates ORS 646A.813 (2). [1977 c.195 §4; 1979 c.505 §1; 2003 c.759 §§9,10; 2007 c.223 §6; 2008 c.19 §16; 2008 c.31 §4; 2009 c.60 §1; 2013 c.304 §13; 2013 c.433 §2; 2015 c.128 §2; 2015 c.357 §4; 2015 c.528 §3; 2017 c.145 §1; 2019 c.193 §2]
Disclaimer: The text of this law may not be the most recent version. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site. Please check official sources.