(but not the only one)
- Privacy Wiki is organized around the Solove Taxonomy which breaks privacy into four broad categories ( information processing, information dissemination, collection, and invasion) and sixteen individual harms (or privacy violations). It currently includes United States Federal Laws as well as over three hundred State Laws. In addition to laws and regulations, you can find copious news stories of every type of privacy harm under the taxonomy.
- Daniel Solove's taxonomy is the most comprehensive framework for privacy. His framework derived four categories of privacy harms:
To learn more about Solove Taxonomy, please visit our most impressive Taxonomypage.
- Privacy Wiki indicates laws and regulations using categories of personal information. The following are categories of information relating to an individual, whether it relates to their private, professional or public life. Categories are not exclusive. Data may transcend multiple information categories:
|Knowledge & Belief||Sexual||Location||Public Life||Transactional|
|Medical and Health||Communication|
To learn more about Personal Information, please visit Personal Information page.
United States Privacy Laws
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Homeland Security Act of 2002
- NY. S5575B Stop Hacks and Improve Electronic Data Security Act (SHIELD Act)
- ILL. SB 1624
- Nude Leak Scandal In Ireland
- Falsified Drug Tests Results
- Retailers Using AI
- Man Using Tracking Device to Monitor Girlfriend
- Access to Face Recognition Search of Moscow Cameras System Is For Sale
- Facial Recognition Technology Wrongfully Accuses Person of Crime
While most state laws that touch on privacy issues are already in the Wiki, volunteers will keep the states current.
- To learn more about how to join the Privacy Wiki as State Editors, please reach out to our Chief Legal Editor. We are excited to see you as a Legal State Editor in the Wiki!
We hope to expand into other jurisdictions (such as the EU) in the near future!
- We also have a privacy wiki discussion group! Please go to Privacy Wiki Discussion Group to join. This discussion group is used to ask questions, ask for help (e.g. if you're an editor), share ideas, e.g. on best practices for editing the Wiki.
For inquiries, please contact us.