|Short Title||Tennessee Information Protection Act (TIPA)|
|Location||Tennessee, United States|
|High Risk Groups|
The Tennessee Information Protection Act (TIPA) was signed into law on May 11, 2023. Under the Tennessee Code, the TPIA specifically requires businesses to develop a written privacy program in conformity with the NIST Privacy Framework. This provision is comparable to the NIST "safe harbor" protections and essentially safeguards developers and processors from potential data breach penalties once they have adopted compliant privacy programs.
Laws and Regulations
List of the Laws and Regulations
- TN. HB 2029 (2018)
- TN. HB 2690 (2018)
- Tennessee Information Protection Act (TIPA)
- § 39-13-301. Criminal Offenses
- §47-18-2107. Release of personal consumer information.
- §49-1-702. Data Accessibility, Transparency and Accountability Act; Part Definitions.
- §50-1-1001 TO §50-1-1004. Employee Online Privacy Act of 2014.
- §56-7-124. Release of information relating to physical or mental health of patient.
- §56-7-2704. Genetic information—Privacy—Prohibited disclosures.
- §63-2-101 TO §63-2-102. Medical Records.
- §65-21-108. Priority of messages - Privacy.